What I eat in Kota Kinabalu

Back to uni life, I crave for hometown food again.

Today I'm gonna do some summary on what I ate in KK during my 1 week ++ stay for CNY.  Of course I'm not gonna post every meal that I had, but just some that I think they're MUST-EAT. The arrangement is random.

1. Fish Noodles @  Kedai Kopi How Kee
This place is one of my family's favourite it's within a stone's throw from my house and I personally think they pretty much serve the best tomato fish mee in KK. The shop is always full and you can see people standing outside to wait for seats no matter it's morning or afternoon. 
Generous amount of ingredients
The soup is tomato base and it's really delicious without the fishy taste. There're a variety of ingredients which you can choose from. I once ordered without specifying that I want a small one then they got me a normal bowl which was too much for me hahaha.

2. Kedai Kopi Lotus
This was actually my first time here. I searched online and knew that there're quite many stalls here. I ordered pork satay, fried dumplings, hokkien mee and grilled chicken.
Pork Satay
Grilled Chicken
Fried dumplings
Hokkien mee
These are for 2 :o

3. Dim Sum @ Foo Phing Dim Sum
We went here after touching down from Sandakan. Here's my Sandakan Trip, feel free to read it. It was so crowded because it's late morning. I didn't take much photos here because we're very hungry, can't wait to eat the dimsum.
Only managed to snap a pic of 'har gao'
4. Fish head noodles @ Tian Tian Fish Head Noodles, 6th floor Wisma Merdeka
This is also one of my favourite spot for fish noodles. I usually won't order fish head because it takes time to eat. You can choose from 3 types of soup (milky, salted vegetables and bitter gourd) and you can also customize the ingredients that you want (fish slice, fish ball, fried fish head, fish skin, beancurd sheet, fish cake, 'yu fu', fish maw, fried fish maw and also Thai style fish maw)
Milky soup
5. Ngiu Chap @ Kah Hiong Ngiu Chap
Ngiu Chap is definitely a must-eat in KK and here's one of the best place for a bowl of heart warming ngiu chap. The soup was very rich and aromatic and I always can't help but finish the soup to the bottom. The meat was tender and go extremely well with the chili paste they have. It's super spicy so be careful when you're dipping your meat with the chili paste. It can cause tears and runny nose hahaha. They are selling the chili paste as well but it tasted a lil bit different from what they serve.

I couldn't find the pic of my bowl of ngiu chap :/ I remember I did take a pic of it.

There're many more good food around KK, like seafood @ Welcome Seafood Restarant, Sang nyuk mian etc but I didn't have the chance to eat them all in 1 week ++. Anyway, despite having many good food, home-cooked meal is still the best for me.
Ermented red beancurd fried pork (mom's signature dish) , braised duck, fried ladyfinger with sambal, sea cucumber and mushroom, yam stewed with pork belly








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lollipop Cafe

Little Thoughts before mid sem test

Overstepped Cafe