Lollipop Cafe

3 more days to my final exam!! Can't wait to get this over so I can go back to hometown to eat good foooood. Elaine, Jowen, and many other of my secondary school classmates had their trip to Kundasang yesterday, but I'm stuck here facing books. How I wish I could be there with them, the last time 4 of us actually meet was during March last year, it's been more than a year. But I did meet them separately in KL and KK, just that 4 of us didn't meet together.

Okay back to the main topic. I wanna share about my breakfast at Lollipop Cafe yesterday with Joshua. This was our first date since the day we're official, a breakfast date. Not really a date, just that I begged him to bring me out for breakfast yeah that's it.

It's located near Overstepped Cafe which was quite far away from my campus, near the Sungai Petani selatan toll exit. When we arrived it's around 7am so there're many seats. Around 8am people started coming and most of them ordered food from the stalls outside instead of ordering bread.
Offering different kinds of bread
There're stalls outside 
The owner was in the newspaper for few times since he's the first one who made natural unleavened bread
Selling natural unleavened bread
I ordered Gong Ji Xia Dan and a Polo Bakwa for myself while Joshua had Steamed Bread With Kata ButterGong Ji Xia Dan was bread spread with kaya, and there're 2 perfect half boiled egg on top of the bread while Polo Bakwa was polo bun with bakwa inside. The texture of bakwa was really good because it's quite soft. I started missing the polo bun from my hometown suddenly. However, I think it's worth mentioning that the bakwa they served was made by themselves. There's a stall for bakwa there but I'm not sure whether you can buy it or not tho.
Gong Ji Xia Dan, typical Malaysian way to have breakfast
Polo Bakwa
Steamed bread with kaya butter
For drinks, I had Tik Tik Coffee which was basically Vietnamese Coffee and Joshua got tea for himself. The coffee was very rich but I was expecting a larger portion. Even though I only ate the bread with half boiled egg and half of the polo bakwa, I was very full after drinking the coffee. I even skipped lunch. I think it's probably because the bread was quite thick so I felt very full.
Tik Tik Coffee
I shared polo bakwa with Joshua but I forgot to ask him to share some of his kaya butter steamed bread with me and he also didn't think of it. Sharing is caring, maybe he doesn't care about me enough like how much I care about him... Nah just kidding. 
Breakfast for 2
We stayed for about 1 and a half hour I guess, had to go back to do revision. Anyway it's a nice try since we can rarely find this kind of breakfast here in Sungai Petani.



Lollipop Cafe & Bakery
C1, Jalan Permatang Gedong, 
Taman Sejati Indah, 
Sungai Petani, 08000
(Corner shop lot)
04-719 1093
Tue.-Sun. 07:00-23:00 Closed on Monday

Comments

  1. HAHAHAHAHHAA !!! :)) NGAWWWW....SO SWEET !! BREAKFAST DATE :D
    Why you didn't blog on your official ? :P I'm your faithful fans here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah didn't blog about that, wanna keep a low profile HAHA

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Little Thoughts before mid sem test

Overstepped Cafe