2016 Year End Break

Year end break is always the time which I long the most. It's unlike some other break that is right before an exam, which I have to study much in that period. My CA2 will be held after CNY so I think I can spend some time doing my own things and chill a lil bit during this break. Although at some point I did feel guilty for being too chilled, most of the time I just ignored the feeling and continue to enjoy my holidays lol (I did spent some time doing assignments so you know I still concern about my studies ok). I know I've to focus on my studies after this break, especially before CNY. I'll be quite busy during CNY cuz I will visit my mom's hometown with family.

I had lots of fun during this year end break, most probably because I was accompanied by Joshua for the fortnight, and we spent many days with my brother, Enosh, as well as his girlfriend, Angeline. In the beginning of the break we spent 4 days in KL, surely our main purpose was to hunt for new clothes since there're many year end sales haha. Hmmm I realized that most of the clothes I bought were casual wear. I really had no idea how to buy pretty pretty clothes since most of them are sleeveless and my arms are quite...... It ended up that I bought all casual tops and pants. Btw my cousin will has her wedding during CNY and I haven't got myself anything to wear. I've totally no clue what type of outfit I want. Hmmm thinking of buying some dresses when I back to hometown on 20th Jan but I might be busy on studies by that time. So I really have to study hard before CNY So I can enjoy my holidays at the end of this month.

We really hardcore shopping in KL, we went to 4 malls in a single day LOL. It's my first vacation with Joshua, only 2 of us, and it was fun travelling on our own. I'm looking forward to more trips together, let it be local or overseas. I know it's not easy cuz what we need are $$$$$ and we haven't had the capability to earn money enough to financially support ourselves.

It's a different experience for me to stay in Kampar with 3 of them. This life is totally different with the life I have in my university since I'm staying in hostel in campus. In Kampar, we bought groceries and cooked by ourselves, travelled to kopitiam or supermarket on our own and did laundry using washing machine haha. I can never experience these in my campus because we have everything prepared for us, 3 meals a day and laundry service, but I'd rather prepare my meals and do my laundry using washing machine than eating in campus and sending clothes to laundry :/ Anyway every kind of campus life has it's own pros and cons. In my uni , for sure student can have more time focusing on studies cuz they don't have to think about what to eat everyday, but they will be lack of life skills like cooking. I really wanna learn cooking but we're prohibited from cooking in hostel. There's nothing I can do since it's compulsory to pay for the meals and laundry service included in the hostel fees. My tuition fees is so expensive that if I spend money on extra expenses I'll feel guilty. Unlike here in Kampar, supermarket in my university area is so far away that we must either borrow car from friend or go by taxi, and the taxi fare isn't cheap, RM18 for one way LOL.

Breakfast prepared by Joshua. (Photo creds to Enosh)

Anyway, lets talk about my trip. We also spent 2D1N in Ipoh hoping to hunt for some local food. We rent a homestay for one night.
Here are some photos taken in Ipoh

Angeline and Enosh

We got these Tees from H&M

Tea time at Nam Heong Coffee House
The eggtart is a must-try
We had our dinner in Restaurant Hooray Seafood as suggested by Julien (Enosh and Angeline's friend who toured us around Ipoh) I would say the dinner was satisfying.
Eggplant Tofu
'Rubbish Chicken' (垃圾鸡) I know it's weird haha
回锅肉
炒树苗
We visited a park at night 

Mixed fruit shaved ice @ Tong Sui Gai
 
We went to Kampar pasar malam which opens every Wed. There're many food stalls varied from Malay food to Chinese food, and also Thai food and Japanese food. I really enjoy hunting for food here despite the crowded environment because I was so overwhelmed by the variety of choices and the affordable price of the food.
Sweet potato balls
Thailand satay
Look at that juicy meat
There're many choices for flavour

They heat the satay instantly after you order

Kaya puff
Portuguese tart 
Roasted chicken
This is strongly recommended by Enosh and Angeline
Dry laksa
Of course we won't forget about the most famous dish in Kampar, the claypot chicken.
We went to a stall recommended by the uncle who drove us to old town. According to him, this stall was the original.
You can watch the process in front of the stall

We ordered a small and a large and it's more than enough for 4 of us.
In the blink of an eye, 2016 came to an end and here starts 2017. I ended the year and started another year in Kampar. It was a great holidays for me and I hope these 2 weeks has recharged me to continue moving on in 2017.

Wishing you all have a blast in this new year :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lollipop Cafe

Little Thoughts before mid sem test

Overstepped Cafe