Ipoh- Nam Heong Coffee Shop (南香), Restaurant Kam Wan (金山冬菇亭美食中心)

Finally I'm writing about my favourite place! Nam Heong Coffee Shop is a MUST MUST MUST-go if you haven't been there before. I assure that you that there will be a 2nd time, 3rd time and many many more after your first visit. The white coffee of Nam Heong is to die for. It's my main purpose to travel to Ipoh again. It's rich and aromatic, definitely will satisfy your taste bud. I always take away iced white coffee because the coffee shop is always fully occupied. The take-away iced coffee is quite big in portion so I can enjoy it to the max. I didn't take any photo of it. I 'snapchatted' it but didn't save the photo. It's ok because it's more important that you go there to try it yourself instead of looking at the photo I took. During my third visit I managed to take some photos. This time I drank the coffee on the spot instead of taking away like the last 2 times. Somehow I think the take away iced white coffee tasted better :/
 

When we're at Concubine Lane(二奶巷), we passed by this stall (葡挞皇)selling various types of tarts like Portuguese tart, matcha tart and others but it happened that the hottest item which is Portuguese tart is sold out. I was thinking to try the matcha tart but PR said that it's better to try the egg tart from Nam Heong. The egg tarts from Nam Heong were very crispy. I ate it after few hours because I was full when we took away them and they were still crispy.
 
Witness the making of crispy eggtart

Our take-away egg tart, even the box is so fine

The crispy egg tarts

Nam Heong Coffee Shop
Address: 2, Jalan Bandar Timah, 30000 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Phone:+60 12-588 8766


We settled our dinner at Restaurant Kam Wan (金山冬菇亭美食中心). It's a food court even though it's named Restaurant Kam Wan. I queued for Bibi popiah for around . There're 2 types to choose from, which were the normal type and the fried popiah. It cost RM2.20 for a popiah which I think it's considered cheap. I like the popiah and will definitely come for it again next time. My friend ordered grilled fish and iced kacang as well. It's my first time trying iced kacang which was topped with Malacca Sugar syrup (Gula Melaka). I like the taste very much.

There's a long que for this popiah
Normal popiah and fried popiah

Grilled fish

Iced kacang

Restaurant Kam Wan
Taman Canning, 31400 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lollipop Cafe

Little Thoughts before mid sem test

Overstepped Cafe