CYGNUS

I'm definitely not considered as somebody who's good at dancing. I'm glad that I had the chance to take part in quite a number of dancing performances ever since kindergarten until high school. I never expected that I still have the opportunity to dance in university. As you know I'm currently a year 1 student in Aimst University. There's ADSAlympic every year, fyi ADSA stands for Aimst Dental Student Association. Year 1 to year 5 students can take part in the activities including sports, indoor game etc. Surprisingly, DOTA is one of the event and we got our very first gold medal in this event hahaha. We got a silver medal in table tennis event tonight as well.

I only took part in cheerleading competition since I'm not good at any other sports. I had some cheerleading experiences back in high school but they're totally different from what I was exposed to this year. We really involved stunts in our routine which I've never tried in high school due to restriction from high school rules. The practice time was packed because most of us are new and fresh to cheerleading. We need to learn from zero and compete with students from other year. I'm beyond grateful to be able to expose myself in this field. I learned many stunt skills and I'm looking forward to join again and learn more different stunts in the coming years (If I'm able to cope well in my studies as year 2 is really a tough one)

Sometimes I really felt bored when I think about there's practice that afternoon or night because our practice time was usually 3 hours. I felt like all my time was occupied and I don't have the time to things I enjoy doing like reading novel, watching movies, blogging etc. Since I kinda screwed up my CA1, I wish I can get a better result for CA2 so I'm less likely to fail on final. Because of this, I felt guilty when I spend my time on other stuff other than studying especially when I spent most of my time in cheerleading practice. Contradictory, I have no mood to study after every practice, maybe it's because I was tired? So basically I always struggled whether to study or rest after each practice. Not surprisingly, I chose to rest everytime. 

Despite all the struggles, I really had fun on the day of competition. Even though we got the last place, everyone was so high spirited and seemed not affected by the result at all. We tried our best and had fun, so the ranking was not so important after all. Anyway I hope we can do better next year and prove that we, the batch 12, can do it.
Our first cheerleading together

Makeup done by teammate, my forehead is so broad lol
Buddies who accompanied me throughout the practice
My year 3 senior aka sister whose team got first place. Congrats!
W/ Shumin aka my roommate
My stunt group: bases, backspot, flyer and me as the frontspot

Kai Xin, our team leader
CYGNUS
We'll come back stronger next year

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lollipop Cafe

Little Thoughts before mid sem test

Overstepped Cafe