Garlic Fried Rice

Saturday is always the day which I feel like cooking something for lunch or dinner. I didn't have much thing to do today so I decided to prepare dinner for me and Joshua. While I was browsing internet earlier, I searched for cooking tutorial in YouTube to get some ideas what to cook for tonight. I scrolled Facebook for some recipes as well later on. At last, I decided to make garlic fried rice since I have some garlic and I've never made it before.

I don't have any meat because I have no idea where to buy fresh meat in SP so I asked my Penangite roommate to buy some pork meat for me. Hopefully I can get it next week haha.

Since there's no meat, I fried egg instead. I added some mayonnaise to the egg and whisked before frying. This might sounds weird to you because it surprised my roommate and Joshua when I told them so, but to be honest, it tasted really good! I added some black pepper and salt on top of the egg as well before flipping it. For this time, it's probably because I didn't add enough mayonnaise so I think the taste wasn't so significant but Joshua said it's ok and he could tasted the mayonnaise, but then the one that my mom fried for me back in hometown was way more tastier. I will try again next time with more mayonnaise. You can try make it but remember that the fried egg will be very soft after the addition of mayonnaise so it burns easily and you need to be careful when flipping the egg. It will break easily and make the egg look imperfect.

I also fried some tofu puff. I usually put it into mee soup so that my soup won't look so plain haha. For the fried rice, I prepared 9 gloves of chopped garlic for 1 1/2 bowl of rice. I used margarine as replacement for butter to fry the garlic and then I added some chilli flakes into the pan later on. After that I just put the rice into the pan and stir fry for awhile. Add salt and sugar and continue to stir fry it. Before finishing, I added some fried scallion to enhance the taste.

I think the garlic fried rice turned out quite good because I like how it tasted. At least it wasn't failed tho. Btw Joshua gave me a rating of 7.5/10.

I didn't take any pictures of the process and the result because it was quite rushed just now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lollipop Cafe

Little Thoughts before mid sem test

Overstepped Cafe