I spent a day in Perlis

It's National Day on 31th August, the saints in Sungai Petani had a blending trip to Perlis to meet the Saints in Kangar. We went to see the new meeting hall in Kangar first. It's a three-story shoplot. We just view it from outside because they haven't officially use it for meeting. 
Before I came I already heard them discussing about the one of the famous pau stall here. They said that the pau sold out real quick and the owner doesn't accept any pre-order so we have to come early to buy it. When we arrived, we just realized that it's closed that day LOL. Then we went to another pau shop but I didn't buy any because I left early with another sister to Gua Kelam. We had some fellowship there. We sang hymn #1205 and I really enjoy stanza 1:

Press on, press on toward the goal-
The all-inclusive Christ.
To gain the prize of God's high call,
Press on, press on to Christ!
Pressing on! Pressing on!
Pressing on! Hallelujah for the prize
We're pressing on! On and on!
To gain the Christ of God!

After listening to the saint's sharing, I was reminded that my goal is only the Christ. Everything I do in my life is for Him. In stanza 4 it said that ' Press on, press on, this one thing do, Forget the thing behind', I see that in order to gain more of Him, I need to keep pressing on and forget the things behind. At first I thought that 'the things behind' means the things that distracted us from loving the Lord, but one of the sisters shared that to forget the things behind included to forget all our past experiences with God. Everyday we come to Him with a new heart and empty ourselves for Him so that He may infuse Himself into us.

Had some snacks otw to Perlis
Rent this van for our trip
The area where we bought pau
Michelle, Sister Liza and Brother Stephen
Inside the cave
Fellowship with the saints
Then we went to Padang Besar. Most of the things sold here are from Thailand. We walked around for about half an hour then went to Kuala Perlis for dinner. We had dinner at a seafood restaurant. The food was good. After dinner we walked around and play bubble to take photo hahaha. I'm glad to meet the Saints from different places, some of them are from Kangar, some are from Philippines and other places.
Restaurant Hai Thien
Padang Besar
Dinner
Sis Anna
I like this pic so muchhhh
Me having great time playing bubble lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lollipop Cafe

Little Thoughts before mid sem test

Overstepped Cafe