Unusual Breakfast with Dad

After being anxious for 3 days, finally I got offered for dentistry course through phone and can finally stop worrying. The registration day will be on 24th next month (August) so I'll leave KK on 23th. This Saturday I'll have my trip to Sarawak with some of my foundation coursemates. After coming back, I have only about 17 days left before I start my degree. I didn't actually spent much time with my parents for the past few weeks especially my dad because he's busy working and has church meeting or visitation almost every night. So I wake up early and have breakfast with him whenever I can haha.

This morning I made egg mayo spread. I spread it on the bread and made 2 sets of egg mayo sandwiches. Then I feel like steaming the bread because we bought the bread the day before yesterday. After steaming it, I took it out and placed it on the dining table. On my way to the dining room, the plate kinda hit the chair and then one sandwiches dropped onto the floor, and the egg mayo was all over the floor. It's no big deal that one sandwiches was dropped because there's one and a half left so dad can still have his breakfast. BUT, what troubled me is the egg mayo on the floor, it contained mayonnaise so it's oily. I had to use tissue to wipe away the egg on the floor and mopped it using detergent. Since I'll be mopping dining room, why not sweep and mop the entire house? So I ended up cleaning the whole house because I dropped sandwiches on the floor.

Haha, I was so clumsy that preparing breakfast turned out to be cleaning the house. I'll be careful for sure next time after this incident. After cleaning the floor I washed the dishes and hanged some wet clothes, then I realized I haven't had my drinks. I've been busy cleaning the floor after finishing my half sandwiches. Usually I either brew coffee or just drink milk. Today I felt like drinking milk so I went and get the milk from the fridge. Know what? I tasted some sourness in my first sip even though there's no solid form in the milk. I didn't feel angry anyway because the taste wasn't that disgusting and the carton was opened quite some days ago and it's printed on the carton 'Best consumed within 3 days after opening'. I learned a lesson here : Don't leave your milk in the fridge for too many days or you'll end up drinking spoiled milk.

By the way, steamed bread is really great. The bread is fresh milk bread from YoYo. It's so soft and chewy after being steamed. I used to prefer toast bread over steamed bread because I like the slightly burnt taste and the crunchy texture. Now I think I'm obsessed with steamed bread. My dad eats bread as breakfast literally everyday for over 20 years unless we're having breakfast outside. Bread + Coffee is his favourite combo for breakfast. I like bread too but my face will get chubby instantly after consuming food high in carbs like pizza, bread bun etc. So sometimes I limited myself from eating too much bread. In primary school and secondary school, sometimes I brought 4 slices of bread with tuna to school as breakfast and finish all during one recess. HAHA.

Like father, like son, I guess I inherited the gene of the love for bread from my dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lollipop Cafe

Little Thoughts before mid sem test

Overstepped Cafe