Sense of Belonging

In a blink of an eye, today is the last day of lecture before my mid-sem test which is on the 7th week. It means that there're only 7 weeks left after mid sem test before I graduate from foundation studies. Excluding study break and exam week, there're only 5 weeks left :( Until today, we've already gone through 9 months of studies and I actually enjoy my foundation year.

As a matter of fact, we all need our own social circle in college so that we can have the sense of belonging. Surprisingly, up until now, it seems to me that most of us are still looking for our circle in the batch. I've seen so many people changing their closed friends from sem 1 to sem 2 and still changing in sem 3. It really surprised me that it actually takes so much time to really find the real friends who you wanna hang out with. It's even harder when you have many different circle of friends and none of them know each other, you have to choose who you wanna join.

In sem 1, most of us were always sticking with roommates/ housemates to such a point that I think the college's arrangement of roommates/ classmates decided who our closed friends are. However, in the middle of sem 2, thing started to change. Most people started to hang out with classmates more often than with their roommates. Personally I think the reason behind this is that we started to have a lot of group assignments and group presentations in sem 2 and sem 3. We'll definitely spend more time with classmates to do discussion or whatever so it's at this moment that we really get to know our classmates.

The other reason might be after living together with roommates/ housemates for months, arguments and misunderstanding were unavoidable. Then some people tried to run away from the problems and befriend with others who they were not so close with before.

For me, I'm not the sociable type of person haha. My classmates sometimes go out together to eat outside. After few times hanging out together and after having a trip to Ipoh, I started to be closer with them and we were planning for the 2nd trip together. This just happened in sem 3. My point is that up until sem 3, we're still making friends and changing circle of friends.

I have 3 closed friends since sem 1 and I ALWAYS think that this circle is just right for me and I like 3 of them. We used to have lunch together and hang out often but then I've never expected that recently 1 of them is no longer close to us, and it's for no reason (at least Idk why). Of course I was a lil bit upset but what to do? People will just leave when they wanna leave. Nobody can be there by your side all the time. I've never faced this kind of problem before because in secondary school, everyone is good with everyone (almost) in class. We also have different circles but all the circles are 'mutual' and we're really close so no matter which circle you go, we can still hang out together. Things are different here because I'm not close with everyone, if my friend join others, I can't simply join in as well. Lol Idk what I'm trying to say...

Anyway, no matter who your friends are, appreciate them if they are sincere to you and cherish every moment you spend with them cuz you will never know when will they walk away :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lollipop Cafe

Little Thoughts before mid sem test

Overstepped Cafe