Mother's Day

Many things changed after we started college, we started to appreciate our time spent with family. So basically the day before yesterday was Mother's Day. My family usually seldom celebrate any occasion back then, including Chinese New Year, Birthday etc. During CNY, we usually have our family trip to other places because this is the only time when all of us are free from studies and work. You might think my family is weird lol but we really seldom focus on those festivals. Sometimes we do but it's just some gift giving on my birthday when I was younger.

For the past few years in secondary school, I didn't really plan on doing or what on Mother's Day. I didn't buy anything or say anything :/ I can remember vividly when I was at the age of 7 or 8, I stayed up late with my brother to make a card for our mom. After we've done it, we put it along with a paper carnation on the bedside in her room. This year, I decided to buy something for my mom from Hermo. I told my second brother about my plan so that we can buy the gift together ( to cut down my expenses haha).

At last I chose 2 items from the top seller list and ordered to my house in KK. The gift is not that delicate like those hamper that we can buy from beauty products shop but I think these are what she need. They're actually a serum and something kinda like moisturizer. My mom has a dry skin type and this moisturizer is quite hydrating according to the reviews from buyers while the serum functions to reduce freckles. Looking forward to hear some reviews from my mom after she tried the products.


I actually ordered it on the Saturday before last week so it should be arrived by the actual day but then there's some errors so the parcel cannot be sent. My mom took it from the post office yesterday (Monday, the next day of Mother's Day) and sent some photos to me haha. She seems very happy because she sent me the photo in the morning and send few more at night lol.

The chances to meet our parents are getting lesser and lesser as the time goes. We are in different places and we have our own life to carry on. It's not that we can meet them anytime like how it used to be before we left our home to further study. Sometimes they wanna call us to know how our life is going on but they're afraid that they will disturb us. Although I keep in touch with my parents ALMOST everyday but then social media is still far different from meeting them in real person. Not everything can be expressed by tapping on your screen. I will appreciate every moment I spend with both my parents whenever I go back to hometown. So should you:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lollipop Cafe

Little Thoughts before mid sem test

Overstepped Cafe