Perak 5D4N Trip 13-17/04/16 (Day 1 to Day 3)

Since my roommate had to go back to KK for her medical appointment on last Wednedsay until Sunday, I decided to pay a visit to my brother at Kampar who's currently pursuing a degree in UTAR because. I decided to go there on Wednesday after tutorial and come back on Sunday because it's public holiday in Kedah on Thursday. However, there's a sudden plan change when my classmates decided to organize a trip to Ipoh during the period. After considering, I decided to stay at Kampar for 2 nights and spend another 3 days 2 nights at Ipoh with my classmates. Tbh I actually felt like cancelling my plan to Kampar after knowing that we will be going to Ipoh on Friday. But I have already promised my brother that I will pay a visit and he's being quite welcoming so I don't wanna break my promise. The time we can spend together is getting lesser and lesser after both of us left our hometown and further study in different state so I still feel that I should go anyway.

Okay let's start talking about my trip. Most of the things I share in this post are food haha. Upon my arrival at Kampar train station, my brother and his girlfriend, with another 2 friends of them were already waiting for me. The first stop was the night market of Kampar. we bought a lot of food and shared together. I found that there're mostly Chinese in Kampar because most of the stalls were owned by Chinese at the night market. Since it's my first time being there I got so excited looking at all the different variety of food sold but too bad I can't buy them all :( I managed to buy takoyaki, fried chicken popcorn, roasted chicken, matcha cake, satay, and another Japanese food that looked like murtabak haha.

takoyaki
Thailand satay
didnt try this even though I like kimchi
tranditional way to roast chicken
After that we went to a stall called 'shellicious' which served seafood. There's quite many people eating there and every seats were occupied so we had to wait for about 10 minutes to get seated. The sauce tasted nice actually. Btw this was my first time eating rice using hand lol.
Seafood
We also went skating for about an hour that night. I wasn't in the mood to skate that night actually because I was so full but I had to accompany my brother's gf so yeah we skated together...
Angeline (brother's gf) and me
The next day I had breakfast with Angeline because Enosh (my brother) had a quiz that morning. Actually my brother has an extra bike for me to use but I was afraid to cycle so Angeline used her e-bike to fetch me haha
panmee as breakfast
Around afternoon, we met with Enosh and went to a Chinese style cafe.
The environment is quite comfy and relaxing
The price of the food was quite cheap which was out of my expectation. But we had to have lunch with Enosh's friends later on so we just had some tea and chilled. I ordered roselle and rose tea. It was very rich and aromatic and it tasted kinda sour like ribena because of the roselle I guess.
Roselle and Rose Tea
I also tried the dumplings which were strongly recommended by Angeline haha I know I must try it the moment she told me that the dumplings are served with kimchi. I somehow think that the taste of kimchi was covered by the taste of vinegar because the kimchi was only a little but the taste of vinegar was so strong. Anyway it's good to try something new, never knew that dumplings make such a good combination with kimchi.
Dumplings with kimchi on top

I had my first try on curry chicken bun which was quite famous in Kampar. Actually it tasted just ok but the way they served is very unique haha. I like the idea of eating bun with curry!! Bun is always one of my favourite food. The portion is just nice for 5 of us (2 guys 3 girls) and it costed about RM54 if I've not mistaken. I think it's a lil bit overpriced anyhow:/
Curry chicken bun
For dinner, we bought spaghetti from a food truck which was located just outside Enosh's house. There're other foodtrucks as well which served coffee, sandwiches etc but we just bought spaghetti from this one because it's strongly recommended by Angeline too haha. The price of the spaghetti were quite cheap but the portion is a lil bit small for guys. Anyway the portion was just right for me.
Food truck
aglio olio
cycled to Utar after dinner
otw to Ipoh the next morning
photo taken by Angeline
Breakfast at Ipoh
After having breakfast we went to Ipoh Parade to do some shopping while waiting for my classmates to arrive.
Lunch at this cafe in Ipoh Parade
Carbonara + mushroom soup + iced lemon tea
My classmates departed from Aimst University at around 1pm and arrived at about 4.45pm so after they arrived I bit farewell to Enosh and Angeline and here started my journey with classmates :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lollipop Cafe

Little Thoughts before mid sem test

Overstepped Cafe