Perak 5D4N Trip 13-17/04/16 ( Day 3)

As I mentioned earlier in my last post, I've spent 2 nights at Kampar with Enosh and Angeline. I will be spending the other 2 nights in Ipoh with my classmates. After my classmates arrived at Ipoh Parade to pick me up, it's around 4.45pm, the first stop we went is a kopitiam because Siew Hui (my classmate) recommended the rojak here but then the stall was closed so I ordered a black glutinous rice instead.
Black glutinous rice
Then we went to an area near Siew Hui's house because there's a stall selling buns, pastries etc. Siew Hui recommended the egg tart but too bad there wasn't any left so we went to Kek Lok Tong (极乐洞). This was my first being there. I've been to Ipoh twice actually but I never visited any tourist spot or places of interest. The 1st time I've been here is during primary 4 with my dad and the 2nd time is during CNY 2016 with my family. There's nothing much to see in Kek Lok Tong actually. Since it's almost 5.30pm when we got there so we didn't have the chance to go downstairs to the garden because visitors weren't allowed after 5.30pm. So basically we just walked around and took some pics then headed to Siew Hui's house.
Group photo without PeiRong, she will be joining us at night
In front of Kek Lok Tong
We ate eggtart, drank sour plum drinks prepared by Siew Hui's mom and chit chatted at her place and most importantly, to get some rest haha. After we got enough rest, somebody came out with the idea of eating durian lol but after all we didn't manage to eat because the stall was closed according to them. We then headed straight to the place where we ate bean sprouts chicken. Tbh i don't really fancy bean sprouts. I always picked them out whenever i eat fried kueyteow. However, it came to my mind that I don't always have the chance to visit Ipoh so despite disliking bean sprouts, I must try out the most famous dish in Ipoh no matter what haha. Btw I thought the bean sprouts and chicken are served together but they weren't lol. Bean sprouts are on a plate and steamed chicken were served on another plate.
This was where we had our dinner
kueyteow soup, bean sprouts, steamed chicken and meatball soup

After having dinner everyone was so full, we went to Kinta Riverfront to have some activities like cycling and playing hoverboard. It's good spending time together with the classmates :) I wanna try playing the hoverboard but I lost courage when one of my classmates fell down :/ We spent few hours there until Pei Rong came and joined us.
Jun 
We then headed to tong sui gai (糖水街) to eat desserts. Even though it's already 11pm++ the place was still very crowded. We tried fruit ABC and black sesame. The fruit ABC contained honeydew, mango, dragonfruit, longan, watermelon, papaya etc.
Apparently everyone's busy snapchatting the fruit ABC
*thumbs up* for this
After we back to Pei Rong house and showered, we gathered in a room to plan the schedule for the next day but ended up gossiping about our batchmates lol. I actually had fun listening to them haha, got so many extra info :) We literally talked until 3am wow. Anyway I enjoyed the trip today although it's just half a day. I felt like we've spent a long time tgt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lollipop Cafe

Little Thoughts before mid sem test

Overstepped Cafe